The cooling system of the mold is very important
The Mold Cooling system is very important, so there are so many Mold Cooling Components. When designing any set of molds, the most important thing is Mold Cooling Components, so how to select the appropriate Mold Cooling Components is very important. Fortunately THREEUP is able to supply the vast majority of Mold Cooling Components on the market and we can meet your purchasing needs.
Guide pillar & Guide Bush
Guide pillar is a guide element used in combination with components in the mold to ensure that the mold moves with accurate positioning and guides the travel of the mold. It is generally cylindrical with shoulders, and generally has an oil groove. The precision grade shoulder guide pillar is used in conjunction with the guide bush to play a guiding role. It is generally used in occasions where the precision of the mold is high.
If used with precision positioning parts (taper precision positioning pin, taper precision positioning fast, etc.), it will make the alignment and positioning of the cavity more precise
The names of guide pillar are also guide pin, Guide rod and so on. The number of guide pillar oil grooves increases with the length of the guide pillar, and the maximum limit of oil grooves is generally 8.
The mold generally installs 4 sets of guide pillars at the four corners of the movable mold, and sets the guide bush at the corresponding position of the fixed mold, but sometimes the structure of the mold is more, and the guide pillar and the guide bush are installed in reverse.
THREEUP’s guide pillar is mainly divided into two categories: shoulder type and straight rod type. Generally speaking, straight guide bushes are mostly used for thinner templates, and thicker templates should use shoulder guide bushes; straight guide bushes are mostly used for small and simple molds, and shoulder guide bushes are mostly used for medium and large molds with high precision requirements.
The guide pillar and the template are usually fixed by interference fit, so the fixed part of the root of the guide pillar is set as a positive tolerance. The guide pillar and the guide bush usually use a clearance fit for relative movement, so the outer diameter of the guide pillar working face is set to a negative tolerance. In order to smoothly insert the guide pillar into the guide bush when the mold is closed, the guide pillar of THREEUP is also processed with a tapered surface and an R angle at the top corner, which is convenient for the guide pillar to enter the guide bush smoothly.
The roundness of the guide pillar has high requirements. The main purpose of drilling the center hole is to use the cylindrical grinder to grind the outer diameter, because when using the cylindrical grinder to grind the outer diameter, the top must be pressed against the center hole to make the guide pillar rotate. Can be ground.
Mold guide pillar and guide bush are a kind of mold accessory materials commonly used in molds. There are many types of mold guide pillar and guide bush. Then, when we need mold guide pillar and guide bush, how do we choose the mold guide pillar and guide bush that suits us? Next, THREEUP will teach you how to choose Die guide pillar and guide bush.
Guide pillar and guide bush fit clearance and geometric tolerance determination method
The method for determining the clearance and geometric tolerance of guide pillar and guide bush. In the specific design of guide pillar and guide bush, the ideas and method steps are as follows:
- According to the shape of the workpiece, the discharge method and the situation of the press, first determine the arrangement of the guide pillar;
- According to the change of blanking gap, the tolerance of each part is allocated. Generally, the manufacturing tolerance of convex and concave die is one-half to one-third of the change, and the bending deflection of guide pillar is one-quarter to one-fifth. The change of the guide pillar and guide bush with the clearance of the blanking clearance is one-half to one-third of the change;
- Determine the size of the guide pillar according to the allowable bending deflection of the guide pillar and the lateral force during punching (mainly when punching non-closed parts);
- Determine the maximum fit gap of guide pillar and guide bush according to the change of the allocated fit gap to the blanking gap and the arrangement of guide pillar and guide bush;
- According to the maximum fit clearance of guide pillar and guide bush and the machining tolerance of guide pillar and guide bush, determine the minimum fit clearance of guide pillar and guide bush;
- Determine the shape and position tolerance of guide pillar and guide bush according to the minimum fit clearance of guide pillar and guide bush.
How to install:
The guide pillar sleeve in the mold guide pillar has become an indispensable part of modern machine tools, so what should be paid attention to in the installation and use of the guide pillar sleeve? The guide pillar sleeve is mainly used in continuous dies and punching blanking dies. It can well ensure the relative position accuracy of the upper and lower die plates, effectively protect the small punches, and can effectively reduce the seepage of coolant. enter.
- Installation of guide pillar and guide bush
The installation holes of guide pillar and guide bush should be processed with a boring machine or a coordinate grinder after all other holes have been processed and the processing stress (regrinding of the upper and lower faces, etc.) has been eliminated. In order to determine the reference of the upper and lower molds, temporary positioning holes can be machined, and then positioned with a reference rod.
- Installation of guide pillar
After cleaning the installation holes, fix the guide pillar, and when using multiple ball guide pillar assemblies at the same time, stagger the reference plane of one guide pillar among the multiple guide pillars by 90 degrees. This prevents mold base assembly errors. Confirm the verticality of the guide pillar.
- Installation of guide bush
Insert guide pillar into guide bush. Place the parallel block on the lower die holder, and then install the upper die holder. Slide the guide bush to confirm there is no disturbance. Clean the grease and dirt on the bonding surface with a solvent, pour anaerobic adhesive into the bonding groove of the guide bush, and then insert it into the mounting hole. Please cure the adhesive so that the guide bush does not pop out of the die holder. (3-6 hours at room temperature)
Precautions for the use of guide pillar and guide bush
- In the continuous mold, there are generally 4 guide pillars in a group of boards. Generally, the diameter of small continuous molds can be selected from 13 to 16 mm; the large and medium continuous molds can be selected to be more than 20 mm.
- The inner guide bush is used together with the inner guide pillar. Generally, anaerobic glue is used to bond with the template. The general gap is 0.02~0.03mm, and the hole wall is required to be clean and free of oil.
- The small guide pillar should expose the stripping plate 20~30mm in the free state.
- In order to prevent poor ventilation or partial vacuum caused by the introduction and export of the guide pillar, the lower mold should be provided with air holes or air grooves.
- The inner guide pillar should be set to be completely symmetrical to prevent errors during mold installation. Generally, a certain inner guide pillar is offset by an integer of 3~5mm on a certain coordinate.
Features of Self-lubricating Graphite Guide Bushes
Guide bush is generally made of high-strength copper alloy as the basic material. According to the working conditions, holes are machined on the working surface and filled with solid lubricants such as graphite. The high-strength copper alloy provides high bearing capacity and solid lubricant. Lubricants create lower friction. Under dry friction conditions, we design a pre-lubricating film on the bearing surface to ensure that the solid lubricant is transferred to the guide pillar in the shortest time and an effective solid lubricating film is formed.
Ordinary bronze guide bushes need regular refueling and maintenance during use to ensure their lubricity. If they are not refueled and maintained for a long time, the lubrication effect will be lost, then the friction coefficient of the bronze guide bushes will increase, and the wear amount will be large, and will be scrapped soon. Furthermore, the bronze guide bush is not easy to be used in a high temperature environment, and improper treatment of the burr of the oil groove will cause damage to the guide post. Graphite self-lubricating guide bushes have the following features:
- There is no need to add lubricating oil or grease as lubricant.
- It can operate normally at high temperature without burning tiles or shafts.
- The graphite self-lubricating copper sleeve itself does not need to open the oil groove. The graphite inlaid through its matrix forms an oil film during the operation, which plays a self-lubricating role, and can protect the shaft from being pulled.
4.not afraid of water and other acid erosion and erosion, strong compressive capacity, high load, high hardness, low friction coefficient.
- High precision and good running-in performance.
- It is suitable for occasions where oil film is difficult to form such as reciprocating, rotating, swinging and intermittent motion.
Q: Why are guide pillars and guide bushes easy to wear and how to avoid them?
Answer: guide pillar and guide bush are high-strength wear-resistant parts, which are the most easily worn parts. The specific reasons are as follows
1) Insufficient precision and hardness of guide pillar and guide bush, resulting in fast wear and easy wear
2) Position accuracy error, resulting in unilateral force on the side
3) The selection of guide pillar and guide bush is wrong. For high-speed dies, choose lubricated graphite guide bush and guide pillar as much as possible, and choose ball guide pillar and guide bush for lateral force-free ones.
4) If it is not cleaned and maintained in time, the mold surface, guide pillar and guide bush should be cleaned frequently during the production process, and lubricating oil should be added for maintenance. The purpose of lubricating guide pillar and guide bush is to improve the life of guide pillar and guide bush. When the guide pillar and guide bush are rubbed, they will generate heat, so they need to be lubricated with oil to cool down.
Q: Why are guide pillar and guide bush not wear-resistant?
A: First of all, the material is not good. Some manufacturers purchase low-standard materials to manufacture guide pillars, or some counterfeit materials. Even if the hardness of the inferior materials can barely reach the standard through heat treatment, it is easy to wear and break. Threeup’s guide pillars are all made of high-strength 20Cr or SUJ2 materials, and all of them have been heat treated, and their hardness can reach about HRC60. In addition, the reason why guide pillar and guide bush are not wear-resistant is not entirely in the choice of material, but also need to consider design (unreasonable design cannot bear force), assembly (break caused by wrong assembly method), use time (use time is too long) long loss), the material of the product being processed, etc.
Q: Will the guide pillar and guide bush of the die-casting die be worn?
Answer: guide pillar and guide bush will be worn; experience, wear 0.01`0.02MM per 10,000 molds.
Q: What materials are usually used for the guide pillar and guide bush of the mold? What kind of heat treatment is used, and what performance requirements are met?
A: The guide pillar of THREEUP is generally made of SUJ2 or 20Cr and other materials. After heat treatment, the hardness can reach about HRC60 degrees. The guide pillar is sometimes made of SKD61 material according to customer requirements. But the recommended guide pillar material is SUJ2.
Q: What should be paid attention to when using guide pillar and guide bush?
Answer: Most of the mold designers choose the size and accuracy of guide pillar and guide bush based on experience in the design, and there is a greater blindness. In the process of use, they should also pay attention to the size and accuracy.
Q: What is the difference between metal mold guide pillar and plastic mold guide pillar?
Answer: Generally speaking, the guide pillar of the metal mold should be thicker and longer. The guide pillar of the plastic mold should be thinner and shorter. The others are no different.
Q: What is the mechanism of guide pillar and guide bush in the metal mold?
Answer: It is the role of positioning, which can be understood as mutual occlusion to prevent deviation. …
Q: What is the use of guide pillar and guide bush in the mold?
Answer: The main function of the guide pillar and guide bush in the mold is to guide. It is used to protect the punch and the die in the cold die. It improves the precision of the cold die and prolongs the service life of the die.
Q: How to choose the right guide pillar and Guide Bush?
Answer: First, first of all, according to the mold size to choose the size of Guide pillar, Guide Bush, this need designers according to their own rich experience to determine. Secondly, the principle of selecting the accuracy of the mold guide pillar and Guide Bush is that the gap of the mold guide pillar and Guide bush should be smaller than that of the convex and concave die. Moreover, in the blanking process, in addition to the guide pillar and Guide bush with clearance against the cutting gap have an impact, the lateral force during blanking, mold processing, assembly accuracy and other factors also have an impact on the cutting gap. These factors should be taken together to ensure that the mold gap is within a reasonable range of cutting gap.
Q: How can I tell if a Guide Pillar is good or bad?
A: 1. Mold guide Pillar product quality: The stability and compliance of the dimensions of the mold, the finish of the surface, and the utilization of materials can reflect the quality of the mold itself.
2, mold guide pillar service life: under the premise of ensuring the quality of products, the mold can complete the number of working cycles or the number of pieces produced.
3, the use and maintenance of the guide pillar: whether the use is the most convenient, the production support time can be as short as possible.
4, maintenance cost, maintenance cycle: the length of the mold guide pillar maintenance cycle, maintenance costs are also included in the mold quality assessment scope.
Q: What should we pay attention to when fitting a standard mold to extend the life of a standard mold Guide pillar, improve accuracy, and not harm the workpiece?
A: Guide Pillar and Guide Bush are commonly used guide components for molds. As guiding devices, attention should be paid to the design and assembly of guide pillar. The Guide pillar and the Guide bush should be fully closed before the punch or the press plate touches the workpiece. There should be a 10-15mm clearance between the top of the guide pillar and the upper surface of the die base. After assembling the guide pillar, guide bush with the upper and lower templates, ensure that there is a gap of 2-3mm between the lower surface of the guide pillar and the lower surface of the lower die base and between the top of the guide bush and the upper surface of the upper die base.
And for the symmetrical shape of the workpiece. The diameter or position of the guide pillar on both sides should be different to avoid orientation errors. When the die has a large lateral pressure. The mold base should be equipped with a push pad to avoid lateral forces on the Guide Bush and Guide pillar. Air vents should be opened to remove air.
Every little detail will affect the production, neither the producer nor the user can ignore the importance of details. Therefore, the service life of Guide pillar is not only determined by the quality and the professionalism of the mold and accessories manufacturers, but also by the careful users.
According to statistics, the service life of Guide pillar is closely related to the environment. If the mold Guide pillar can ensure normal lubrication and normal use, the service life can reach tens of thousands of times, even hundreds of thousands of times.